Sunday, May 3, 2009

Welcome

Thank you for taking the time to drop by. The purpose i started this blog in the first place is to share music, and good quality music at that with you. yes yes, for those of you who know me, these songs would most of the time be oldies, musicals or arias but hey, with all the other blogs and websites flooding the net with reviews of new songs i don't think writing about them here would help much would it? you guys would probably have heard of them already.

I've met many friends who scoff at oldies, heck some even screw up their faces and plug their ears when they hear Pavarotti sing. That my friend, is the sole purpose of this blog (well not exactly, i might write about other stuff when i feel like it anyway). I will try my best to make you understand and love these timeless pieces. Why do I even listen to oldies, musicals or arias? well because I feel they have more substance, they convey more with their lyrics and they are closer to your heart. Also, the technique required to perform them well is really astounding. Whoever heard of pitch altering software 30 years ago huh? get what i mean?

Anyway do give these songs a chance okay? please? I'm literally begging you now. Listen to them first and then really understand the lyrics. who knows, you might grow to love them, and become an 'UNCLE' like me. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment